Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oh Life

Life is strange.. how it gives highs and lows at the same time..

Today for example,


  • I was felicitated by the vice chancellor of our university for my achievements. - high point
  • Our own director mis pronounced my name as 'Amol' and it was so humiliating, especially in front of everyone in IBB and in front of press - low point
  • I was happy cuz my photo is gonna appear in the papers tomorrow along with two other guys from my class - high point
  • When i went to make copies of their photos, i made someone wait and she got upset - low point
  • Everyone at home is very happy and proud of me - high point
  • I just realized that i m of no importance to a person who i thought was the closest to me - low point
  • Tomorrow, many people are gonna call me to congratulate and tell me that they are proud of me - high point
  • The entire thing is ruined for me as i have realized that i m a nobody - low point

How am i supposed to feel, please someone tell me...

i am feeling extremely humiliated and un-important.. the only person i thought who actually cared for me, i know that its not the case anymore.. nobody told me "its alright, such things happen.. dont be humiliated, its jus a mispronunciation.. everyone knew that it was you, your achievements.. dont let your joy be spoiled bcuz of the mistake".. my humiliation means nothing to anyone.. i dont blame them at all.. y shud anyone else care about wot i m feeling? i am the sole master of my feelings...

I am feeling happy too.. i was finally recognized as someone who had achieved something... i am proud of myself... my parents are very proud of me.. I feel that finally i accomplished something..

tell me, what exactly should i feel??

oh life.. please dont make this road a rollercoaster ride... i knw i have to endure good and bad...
but atleast dont leave me confused like i was today...

I will take wotever comes my way with my arms wide open... but if i dont know wot i embrace, that leaves me empty handed nevertheless..

7 comments:

Abhijit said...

I know its not a happy experience to hear your name mispronounced when mentioning your greatest achievements....but is it that serious?? Please dont think that I am taking the side of our "Director" (the presence of VC made him more excited and nervous than ever ..... which may have caused him to mispronounce your name), but do you really think that is a very big insult of yours?? You have yourself admitted that even before this, ppl did got confused with your name in the same way. Everyone in the hall did know your name and your achievements... those achievements are tagged to you, not to the name...and as far as media goes, they have got the report from Amita maam, so dont worry. What I want to say is "What is in the name?"

And please, dont think that no one cares for your feelings...

HellBound but Still Divine said...

I know re.. i knw that wot you are saying is right.. it is not a big insult.. and i dont care about the media, cuz i knw ameeta mam would see to it..

but i still felt the embarrassment re.. may be i shoudnt have, but i cant deny the fact that i felt embarrassed..

an really thanks man..

Scarecrow said...

My My....is this alok?...im frankly surprised buddy.embarrassment at tht?? I wont say such things happen.coz they shudnt but given the ppl who r in charge ("Director") these things unfortunately do happen. Another IBB fiasco. probably its d other low points that u hav mentioned tht need lookin into...
Lets see...
u made smbdy angry ..thts a momentary thing..its an everyday thing.i bet its already resolved.
i feel the other low point is d actual culprit...have u heard of smtn called "MISUNDERSTANDING"? ...its a horrible disease
Remedy: it goes away when u talk freely...

shilpa said...

hey there..hope you are doing better now!! I guess the good point of 'bad' things happening..is they make you put your life in perspective a lil bit..think bout what really bothers you and whether its worth it..
Besides..Confusion can be a good thing..it indicates there are mental processes happening

viski said...

Neatly interleaved incidents. Nice read.

Anonymous said...

For me happiness comes from within. Tying my happiness to other people's opinions of me has usually resulted in disappointment. (So... people's opinions of me are generally poor ;))

HellBound but Still Divine said...

exactly.. the happiness comes from within...

the thing was, that at that particular time, i did not feel happy.. so even though the small embarrasssment was a tiny thing, the lack of happiness from within made it affect me much more..